- What is “personal information”?
- The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) currently defines “personal information” as meaning information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
- What information do we collect?
The kind of personal information that we collect from you will depend on how you use the website. The personal information which we collect and hold about you may include:
- your name, address, email address, phone number and other contact details that you provide to us;
- your birth date and gender;
- your credit card and account details;
- your location and the location where you are interested in performing tasks; and
- your occupation, work experience, resume, qualifications, education, post tasks, skillset, interests and other information provided by you.
- How we collect your personal information
- We may collect personal information from you whenever you input such information into the website.
- Purpose of collection
- The purpose for which we collect personal information is to provide you with the best service experience possible on the website.
- We customarily disclose personal information only to our service providers who assist us in operating the website. Your personal information may also be exposed from time to time to maintenance and support personnel acting in the normal course of their duties. Your account name on the Erni platform will be disclosed and will be able to be seen by other Erni Users. Erni reserves the right to disclose your personal information to the following entities or for the following purposes:
- Erni affiliated companies and entities;
- Service providers such as technical support or administrative services;
- Other third parties such as marketing consultants and advisors;
- Law enforcement or regulatory authorities;
- Sale or transfer of Erni’s business or assets; and
- With your permission.
- By using our website, you consent to the receipt of direct marketing material. We will only use your personal information for this purpose if we have collected such information direct from you, and if it is material of a type which you would reasonably expect to receive from use. Our direct marketing material will include a simple means by which you can request not to receive further communications of this nature.
- Erni may retain your personal data for as long as Erni deems necessary in accordance for the purposes for which it was collected, or for as long as may be necessary with regard to Erni’s legal obligations.
- Storage and Security
We take steps to protect the security of the personal information we hold from both internal and external threats by regularly assessing the risk of misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure of that information and conducting regular internal and external audits to assess whether the measure that we have implemented to protect your personal information is adequate.
- Access and correction
You are able to obtain access to the personal information we hold about you in certain circumstances, as well as correct inaccurate personal information subject to certain exceptions. If you would like to obtain such access, please contact us as set out below.
- Complaint procedure
If you have a complaint concerning the manner in which we maintain the privacy of your personal information, please contact us as set out below. All complaints will be considered by [our privacy officer] and we may seek further information from you to clarify your concerns. If we agree that your complaint is well founded, we will, in consultation with you, take appropriate steps to rectify the problem. If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
- How to contact us about privacy
If you have any queries, or if you seek access to your personal information, or if you have a complaint about our privacy practices, you can contact [insert position title] on: [insert contact details].